Thursday, November 13, 2008

Seasons not only associated with a calendar

Growing up in Pennsylvania, how I loved the changing seasons. These images I remember: In Spring, there was yellow as far as the eye could see down the long row of overgrown forsythias at our Lionville home; in later Summers, we bobbed around in our pond in Glen Moore while our kitty, Tinkerbelle, captured sunfish for her kittens; in Fall, we jumped in piles of leaves, cooked applesauce, and started eating oatmeal again; in Winter, we listened to the magical sound of chains on the cars making their way along snowy roads.

Living in Georgia for the last 20 years, I recently realized how much I missed the distinct features and temperatures of the four seasons. The calendar season now is Fall, and a beautiful one it has been - but, the season I am actually dwelling in is one of waiting and of hope - a season focusing on my family. My husband, Clarke, was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer in August. Very slowly, day by day, he is getting stronger. I thank the Lord for friends and family and for their prayers that our family would overcome this health crisis. So, yes, I have a distinctive "season" to embrace as I grow in faith and trust The Lord for His plan for us as a family.

1 comments:

Darren said...

The chains on the cars, I will never forget that from my days in the ice and snow.